AUS STREET FOOD EVENTS AND MARKETS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Once a stallholder submits their application, the stallholder agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions as outlined in this document. We implore you to read through the terms and conditions carefully to ensure compliance and to prevent future disappointment or disputes.
Applications must be completed clearly and accurately. Specific information is required regarding your menu or how your products are made. Aus Street Food reserves the right to decline applications we deem unsuitable at our discretion. We will determine the success of your application based on specific criteria, which includes but is not limited to your menu or where your products are made, how your menu/products are made. Other considerations include but are not limited to creativity, presentation, professionalism and originality.
It is of utmost importance to remember that food vendors/stallholders are to engage only with the Aus Street Food management and staff to discuss any issues, rather than the managers or staff of any of our host venues.
1. Food vendors/Stallholders are only able to sell products approved by market management as per their application. If you have been accepted into an event and you wish to sell additional products, please submit a request in writing with attached images to Aus Street Food firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
2. Food vendors/Stallholders are not permitted to sell goods on behalf of other food vendors, artists or makers. Stallholders who do not comply with this condition will not be approved.
3. It is the responsibility of food vendor/stallholders to ensure their products complies with the relevant safety and labelling standards for their items. Aus Food Events Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for products/stallholders who fail to comply with standards and regulations.
4. Food vendors/Stallholders are not permitted to sell offensive, illegal, prohibited, counterfeit or unauthorised goods including goods bearing trademarks for which the stallholder does not have a licence to sell.
5. It is the food vendor/stallholders responsibility to ensure that the products they are making do not infringe on any third party rights, including the Intellectual Property rights of other stallholders and businesses.
Stall Applications and Attendance
7. Acceptance of food vendor/stallholders for participation in events is at the sole discretion of Aus Street Food reserves the right to reject applications and not enter into correspondence or otherwise explain further.
8. Food vendors/Stalls cannot be transferred, sublet, franchised or sold to any other person and cannot be shared without written approval from event/market management.
9. All food vendors/stallholders will be informed in writing of their stall allocations, bump in time and location one week prior to market. All stall allocations are final.
10. Food vendors/Stallholders are provided a space for the event for which they have applied and the term of that hire occurs for that event only. Submission of a successful application for one event does not automatically approve stallholders for any future events nor guarantee success or spaces for future events which may be submitted.
Food Vendor/Stall Payment, Cancellation and Refunds policy
11. Successful applicants will have 7 days to make payment of stall fees upon notification of acceptance to the market and issue of invoice which will occur at the time of acceptance.
12. Notification of non-attendance is required in with an explanation provided in writing as to the reason for non-attendance.
13. If you decline your stall offer, no fees apply.
*All vendors and stall holders are required to do their own personal marketing at least 1 week prior to the event. Marketing should consist of paid posts on facebook, competitions and giveaways on facebook and instagram. Continuous posting into Facebook event page discussion to promote themselves. Each vendor will be given a marketing plan leading up to each event and failure to meet the requirements may result in your position being forfeited without refund.
If there is cancellation of any of our events, due to weather or any other reason for a contracted event or management jobs we have been employed to arrange, our full invoice fee will still need to be paid for the work we have completed and planned for. The only amount we will be refunding would be the small amount of the bump in management fee for the event which will be no more than a $400 refund on any fee we have invoiced for. All other costs will need to be fully paid within 7 days of our invoice being submitted.
We will not complete full payment of any invoices to our suppliers/contractors brought in to do work on the event. If we have made a deposit for your services, you’re free to keep this paid amount but the rest of the payment will not be paid.
If we are due to complete any payments, you will need to invoice us directly with your bank details and the date we have received your invoice. We will take up to 30 days to complete a payment/refund.
Any suppliers/contractors which take out work on our events, do not complete their job within the agreed timeframe, will be charged a $200 per hour with a minimum charge of $500 fee covering any overheads.
Any suppliers that do not turn up on the day of the event after we have booked you, or you decide to cancel on us without any warning or within 14 days of the event, will be charged $500 to cover any extra costs this causes to our business arranging another service to replace you.
If a supplier/contractor turns up late to any of our events from the agreed time, we will charge you any additional fees this may cause our business with making our event open late or close late or cause us to find another vendor. This will be charged at $200 per hour with a minimum charge of $500.
Any damage caused to the event site, grounds, floor, walls, grass, electrical boxes, equipment or location/land site will be charged in full for the complete repair or replacement plus an hourly fee of $200 per hour with a minimum of $500 for our services to sort this issue out.
Limitation of Liability
Protection of Aus Food events Pty Ltd IP Suppliers/Contractors/Vendors and Companies contracting us for event management or assistance with events/attending our events/working on our events.
You understand and agree that even if you have already showcased your own events in the past, you will not be able to extract information or data from our events or share this information amongst other people/businesses/forums.
You will not set up your own events, which have any possible similarity to our events, be it a similar theme, design, concept, promotion, advertising or description.
If for any reason you do set up your own events, you agree not to use any of our suppliers/food vendors/contractors we have used/promoted at our events.
Any of this data being caught sharing regarding any sales records, event information, guests attendance, public slander in private groups about our business or events will be dealt with by our lawyer and and action against you will be taken and you may be charged for loss of earnings of each offence.
If you to set up an event which breaches the agreement of any similar event to ours will be dealt with by our lawyer and and action against you will be taken and you may be charged for loss of earnings of each offence.
Vendors agree to complete full payment within 14 days of any invoice we send you. If for some reason you do not complete the full payment of the invoice we will charge 10% of the total each week until you have completed payment.
59. Aus Food events Pty Ltd are not liable for any damage, loss or harm stallholders or anyone working with stallholders may encounter as a result of participation in the markets, including physical, psychological and economic harm. Aus Food events Pty Ltd are not responsible for any claims, actions, demands or suits that stallholders may face as a result of their conduct.
60. Where disputes are occurring between participating stallholders, in regards to any matter, including but not limited to the Intellectual Property rights of stallholders, Aus Food events Pty Ltd will not be directly involved under any circumstances. Should any disputes be actively occurring at any stage during events, we kindly request that those be taken offline, outside of market hours, and without the involvement of other stallholders, venue staff, or Aus Food events Pty Ltd management. Aus Food events Pty Ltd is not responsible for the maintenance of copyright or Intellectual Property rights of any of our stallholders at any time.
61. Protection of Aus Food events Pty Ltd IP. Stall holders/food vendors trading at our events are not permitted to create similar events at the time of trading or on any future dates after signing this contract. Any events with the same themed concepts as run by Aus Street Food, Including but not limited to naming of events and our Aus Street Food Awards program/competition. Stallholders/vendors are also not permitted to attend any of these such events with the same concepts which would be in breach of Aus Food Events Pty Ltd IP.
62. Food vendors/Stallholders found in breach of any of the terms and conditions outlined within this document, risk exclusion from future events, determined at the discretion of Aus Street Food management.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
FINAL REGISTRATION STALL FEE:
$250 + GST per space. This fee will be fully refunded at the event of the event. Terms and Conditions apply before any refund will be completed.
* Your business must receive payments through the Square card reader machine provided by Aus Street Food of over $3500.
* If your business does not meet the required minimum amount total transactions of $3500 per event, you will be invoiced for an additional vendors fee on top of the $250 registration fee for $450. Totalling your full event fee payment to $700. This additional fee will need to be fully paid within 7 working
business days after the end date of the event (Aus Street Food will send you an invoice for this payment).
All our festival events being held at Yagan Square in 2020 are going cashless. We will be providing you with your own Square card reader.
REVENUE SHARE: 80% of revenue will be given back to vendors.
* Your final takings will be transferred to you no later than 3 business working days. T's & Cs Apply.
UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENTS:
Applies to all businesses that are attending our events:
* You agree to Aus Street Food being able to collect money on your business behalf via the Square reader card machines provided to you.
* You understand and agree that no other card machines or cash payments will be used at our events, being your personal or business card readers of any type. If a vendor is caught using any other card reader apart from the machine we have provided you, there will be high penalty fines in place. The penalty fees you understand and agree to pay if you are caught using any other card reader machines or using cash will be a total of $15,000.
YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE:
* All trading infrastructure i.e. food truck or gazebo set up.
* Staff and/or representatives for all sessions.
* All required certificates, documents and permits for your business and this must be submitted before 3 weeks of your event date.
* Your menu will need to be provided and approved prior to your acceptance to attend the chosen events.
* A price point for your products is completely up to you.
* An eps or ai vector logo file, high res images, plus other marketing colleteral as requested.
AUS STREET FOOD FESTIVAL WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH:
* 3m x 3m Floor Space for gazebos or a suitable space for your food truck
* Power supply is not guaranteed, you will need to submit a request for power as we only have limited power sockets (Additional fees will be added for the use of our power).
* Square PAYPASS device
* Aus Street Food Signage
* Marketing opportunities via socials and tickets for promotional giveaways.
If you wish to cancel your registration to any of Aus Street Food Festivals this must be done, in writing, 4 weeks prior to your event date. In the case that you register but fail to show up at any of Aus Street Food Festivals (without any prior notice of withdrawal) you agree to pay a no-show fee of $1000 +gst.
All vendors agree to only use the provided card machines we give you to use at the event.
All vendors are required to complete an upfront deposit payment via invoice to secure your position at these events.
All vendors agree not to use any other payment devices, or take cash when trading at our/these events. If you are caught using other devices or taking cash payments, you understand and agree to completely a full payment form the invoice we will send you to take any costs we feel we have lost out on. This information will be taken upon the other sales records from vendors, our staff viewing any sales they have caught you doing illegally and data you agree to supply us form any other devices you, your business or any staff member/family hold within their name
Any damage or loss to these devices we provide you, you agree to make full payment of any invoice we send you to cover these costs of damage/replacement.
If you any reason our provided devices do not work, and we ask you to use your own device/cash, you agree to supply us with all the data/information on your device/cash till to show all sales records. You understand that we will not be charged any fees to gaining this information, and you will have this data supplied to use within 1 day of the event closing.
If for any reason the devices we supply you do not work, or if there is an issue with the Wi-Fi or phone company connection/signal going down throughout our event and you are not able to make any sales within our event times, you will not be compensated for any losses.
Stall Set-up and Presentation
16. Food vendors/Stallholders bump in and set up during the three hours prior to event/market opening time, and must be ready to trade by market opening. Pack up and bump out must be completed within two hours of market closing. Stallholders who are not set up and ready to trade by market opening forfeit their stall for that event/market date.
17. Stallholders must comply with the bump in times and locations provided by Aus Street Food, Failure to do so would impact acceptance at future events.
18. Food Vendors/Stallholders must comply with instructions provided by all market staff on the day, not just management staff.
19. Aus Street Food takes no responsibility for the weather. Please come prepared for all weather conditions.
20. No food vendor/stallholders are allowed to fix or adhere anything to walls. Additionally, food vendors/stallholders are responsible for any damages they incur to our host venues.
21. All food vendors/stallholders must cover tables with floor length tablecloths, covering all sides of tables. Items not on display for the purpose of selling must be out of sight. Tablecloths must not be a tripping hazard (i.e. tucked so out of walkways).
22. (Food stalls only) If power is required, it is the stallholders’ responsibility to ensure that all leads and electrical equipment are tagged and tested in compliance with workplace laws and regulations.
23. All outdoor food vendors/stallholders must provide their own gazebo. All gazebos are to be weighted down using appropriate weights prior to commencement of trade. No gazebos are permitted to be pegged into the ground at any time. Stallholders without weights will not be allowed to erect their gazebo with no exceptions and no refunds.
24. Stallholder displays and materials must stay within their assigned stall space. Failure to do so may result in items being removed by market management for safety reasons.
25. Stallholders must supply their own set up for the market including tables and chairs.
26. Please show all consideration to safety of yourself, your team, your fellow stallholders and patrons. Stallholders must clean up all breakages and spills that occur within their stall space. For any safety concerns you have during the event at or near your stall, please contact Aus Street Food staff as soon as possible to prevent injury.
Food Vendors and Stall Operation
27. Food vendors/Stallholders agree to trade for the entire duration of the market event they have accepted to participate in.
28. Competitions, raffles or giveaways cannot be run without written approval from Aus Street Food.
29. Aus Street Food do not permit food vendors/stallholders to stand outside of their stall space to distribute flyers to passing customers due to impact on fellow stallholders.
30. Food vendors/Stallholders are responsible for the area of their stall and surrounds and must leave the area clean and tidy. Boxes and cartons must be removed from market area. Market bins are not to be used for disposal of stallholder waste or packaging materials.
31. All food vendors/stallholders must be respectful and considerate of their neighbouring stallholders, their spaces and any shared areas. This is not only to ensure the safety of stallholders and patrons, but also to maintain a courteous and friendly environment for all.
32. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to trade in accordance with Market, State and Local Shire regulations.
33. All vendors and stall holders are required to do their own personal marketing at least 1 week prior to the event. Marketing should consist of paid posts on facebook, competitions and giveaways on facebook and instagram. Continuous posting into Facebook event page discussion to promote themselves. Each vendor will be given a marketing plan leading up to each event and failure to meet the requirements may result in your position being forfeited without refund.
Food Vendors and Stall Close and Pack-up
33. Food vendors/Stalls must not commence pack up prior to the advertised closing time.
34. Stallholders must pack up their stall and transport items to a designated bump out location prior to collecting their vehicle.
35. Stallholders must follow directions of market staff at all times to ensure safety.
36. All stallholders are responsible for the removal of their own rubbish and must leave their allocated space in the condition it was found prior to bumpin.
Regulations and Insurance
37. All stallholders must provide their own public liability insurance to the amount of $20 million. Stallholders must have provided a copy of their PLI compliance certificate with them prior to the event.
38. Stallholders must not at any time insult or intimidate anyone including other stallholders, customers, visitors and staff. Failure to comply may result in the immediate closure of your stall and you will be prohibited from trading at the next or any future events. You must not engage in any conduct which is disruptive or inconsistent with the purpose of Aus Food Events Pty Ltd. This includes but is not limited to online bullying, engaging in false claims in online reviews or slander of Aus Street Food, our stallholders, our venues or our staff.
Traffic Management and Parking
40. Food vendors/Stallholders must comply with the market’s traffic plan and parking allocation for stallholders.
41. Stallholders are required to unload their market food truck/stall/supplies at their allocated bump-in location, and immediately move their car to the allocated event parking.
42. Stallholders requiring assistance when moving between events parking to the event (for any reason) are able to apply to Market Management for an exemption.
43. During Bump Out, stallholders are required to fully pack down their stall and transport goods to a bump out location, prior to getting their vehicle.
44. While all care is given where possible, Aus Food events Pty Ltd are indemnified from any theft, loss or damages to persons, money or goods as a result of participating in the markets. Alcohol and drug consumption is strictly prohibited by any stallholders for the duration of the market. Additionally, no smoking is allowed by stallholders within their stall, and all smokers must adhere to smoking locations as allocated by our host venues.
45. Due to the variety of venue restrictions and rules, stallholders are prohibited from bringing their pets.
46. Images of stallholders and stallholder products may be used as promotional material by Aus Food events Pty Ltd for media and publicity purposes. By applying to be a food vendor/stallholder at the event/market you are agreeing to images of both yourself and your products being captured and then used by Aus Food events Pty Ltd through promotions both online and digital.
47. Images supplied by stallholders may be used as promotional material by Aus Food events Pty Ltd for media and publicity purposes. By supplying images of you, your stall or your products to Aus Food events Pty Ltd, you are confirming that the images are yours, or you have approved photographer’s agreement for use of photography. If permission was not sought for the use of images, any fees or royalties incurred for the use of the image will be invoiced to the relevant food vendor/stallholder.
All event and business volunteers are liable for their own public liability insurance and any additional insurance they may require to help on our events. We will not take responsibility for any damage you may cause to the event site or equipment and we will not be held responsible for any health issues or injuries you may occur.
You understand and agree that you are helping with our events with zero rewards/payments/or gifts from us.
48. Aus Street Food reserves the right to cancel any event/market event up to 12 hours prior to its scheduled time.
49. Aus Street Food will inform vendors via e-mail of event cancellation with as much notice as possible.
50. Event cancellation by Aus Street Food will occur for the following reasons:
o Insufficient stalls booked for the event.
o Safety (severe weather warnings).
51. If an event is cancelled by Aus Street Food or due to Safety (severe weather warnings), please view the above listed terms and conditions.
The refund structure is tiered as follows:
Longer than a month out from the market dates a refund can be issued minus a $100 admin fee.
Within one month to three weeks of the markets we can issue a refund that is 75% of the initial amount invoiced amount, then minus a $100 admin fee.
Within one three to two weeks of the markets we can issue a refund that is 50% of the initial amount invoiced amount, minus $100 admin fee.
Within 2 weeks of the market we cannot issue a full refund.
Additional Terms for Food/Beverage Vendors
53. Aus Street Food will only allow stalls to trade if their food/ beverages are produced in Council registered food premises and appropriate certification can be produced.
54. Aus Street Food will only allow food vendors/stalls to trade if they have a permit to sell their food/beverage as a mobile vendor.
55. Food/Beverage stallholders must be registered with the local council where the event is hosted and pay appropriate council permits.
56. Obtaining and paying for a food/beverage permit is the responsibility of the food/beverage stallholder and must be completed prior to event application.
57. All certificates of registration/permits must be provided as part of the application process.
58. Food/beverage vendors are required to produce a copy of their mobile food/ beverage vendors insurance.
Vegan Events and Vegan makers Markets
63. Our Vegan Events are a 100% Vegan (plant based) market that operates regularly within the community, at a variety of private and public locations that provides a suitable environment to Vegan vendors to sell their Vegan products and Vegan food directly to customers. 64. You MUST sell ONLY 100% plant based produce/products, if you do not obey by the rules, you will be asked to leave the market and we will not be able to return any booking fees and you may not be asked back to return at any other of our events or markets. 65. All produce sold must be 100% vegan, proof of certified Vegan accrediting body and labels should be evidence 66. All prices must be clearly displayed. A ticketing system should be used for your customers
67. All signage and displays must be done so to keep pathways free and clear for shoppers.
Health and Safety
68. Smoking or drinking alcohol by stallholders is not permitted 69. All food stallholders must trade in accordance with the Health Department of Western Australia’s food handling regulations, and other relevant local health laws. 70. Value added products such as baked or cooked items, must be prepared in a facility approved by the relevant Health Authority. 71. You are not permitted to touch any electrical plugs, power points and sockets.
If there is any damaged caused by you doing this or not having your cables/ equipment tested and tagged with an up to date approval, then you as a vendor/business will be liable for all/any costs to have this damaged correctly fixed. 72. Any damage caused to any property including the ground/lawn/road/path/ walls/signs/barriers on any of the event/markets sites Aus Street Food are managing will be charged to you as a vendor/business to have correctly fixed. Aus Street Food will not help with covering any costs for damage you have caused. 73. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure their stall is safe and keeps pathways clear for shoppers.
74. Any injury regardless how minor must be reported to Aus Food Events Pty Ltd and we will assist you with the first aid and record details of the injury. A copy should be kept as it provides details you may require at a later date.
Website and Use of Logo and Images
75. Aus Street Food maintains a modern and informative website that attracts internet traffic varying from individuals or businesses interested in selling at the market, to people interested in attending the market and wanting to know who is there and what they sell. We will request your logo and product information so this can be displayed on the website, social media, and will include your contact details.
76. The most up to date information can always be found on the website or social media pages.
77. Additional advertising space is available for additional cost; please get in touch for more information.
Vendor Responsibilities: Compliance:
Vendor Induction and Handover Checklist and Environmental Guidelines for Temporary Food Vendors:
Must be read, addressed and carefully adhered to at all times to continue trading at Curtin or any of Aus Street Food events or markets.
On-site Orientation: An on-site induction to establish electrical and environmental compliance will be conducted on the morning of the market. A copy of all certificates and permits must be placed in a visible place on the Market at all times.
Environmental: Curtin operates a ‘Green Campus’ and aims at reducing its environmental footprint in the area of energy, water use and waste. Vendors need to comply with the Curtin University Environmental Guidelines (attached). The vendor’s Market will need to be self-contained for water supply and wastewater.
Electrical: All vendors must comply with electrical regulations as per the Town of Victoria Park permit, and all external connections require an IP56 external grade connector to the electrical boxes on campus.
Food Handling and Storage: Provide details of food handling storage in line with the local council’s Food
The Vendor will be held legally responsible for:
a) Transport of the market stall goods to and from the event or market each day;
b) Food preparation, handling and storage is in compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements, including WA Department of Health requirements and Curtin’s compliance requirements;
c) Ensuring that all waste management and disposal is compliant with Town of
Victoria Park requirements and Curtin University Environmental Guidelines’;
d)Ensuring that the market stall has adequate staffing at all times and not left
unattended at any time;
e) Making good at its cost any damage that the Vendor or its employees or
contractors causes to any part of the Venue or any other part of Campus;
f) Set up and supply of essential furniture prior to trade shift and pack up and secure furniture at the end of each trade shift in the Vendor’s designated area. The Vendor acknowledges and agrees that if furniture is left unlocked by the last vendor trading at any one location, the vendor will be responsible for the replacement cost;
g) Ensuring that in accordance with noise compliance, radio, music, and jingles
should not be played at any time;
h) Ensuring the designated area is left in a clean, tidy and undamaged state;
i) Reporting any issues associated with the designated area to the Services Centre on 9266 2020;
j) Compliance with Curtin University’s Land and Traffic By-laws;
k) Compliance with the smoking prohibitions on campus and Curtin University’s no
l) Ensuring that the Vendor and its agents, employees or contractors do not engage in conduct that will
cause undue nuisance, disturbance or annoyance to anyone at Curtin;
adversely interfere with the activities of Curtin staff and students and
adversely affect the reputation of Curtin.
Access to Venue: As a pedestrian zone, access to the core of the campus is strictly limited during the day. Access to trading locations is restricted to:
If you require a vehicle to pull a trailer, that vehicle is never to be left in the campus core.
Breaches of these stipulations will attract penalties.
Termination: Curtin University reserves the right, at will to terminate this Licence at its absolute discretion by the provision of written notice to the Vendor at any time without having to justify the merits of its notice. Curtin University’s rights to terminate this Licence shall without limitation include the rights to terminate if the Vendor;
a) Breaches the terms and conditions of this Licence;
b) Breaches the Curtin Code of Conduct;
c) In Curtin’s opinion the Vendor’s conduct, behaviour and presentation is untoward; and
d) The Vendor’s conduct places Curtin staff, students and visitors at risk.
Insurance: The Vendor will take out and maintain the following insurance policies and provide Curtin University with valid certificates of currency of insurance at the Acceptance Date and subsequently upon request:
a) Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance;
b) Public liability insurance at a minimum value of 20million
for each occurrence; and,
c) Workers Compensation (as per statutory requirement).
Notices: All notices are to be sent to Aus Street Food’s designated
representative – Name: Alice Pearson Title: Booking Coordinator Aus Street Food Email:
Please supply copies to Curtin’s designated representative at the acceptance Date of the following documents:
a) Business ABN Certificate;
b) Town of Victoria Park and/or the local Councils the event is being held in with a Temporary Food Business Permit;
c) All relevant insurances; PL Insurance Certificate, Food Business Registration
d) A copy of this letter of Offer of License filled in and
e) Any other documents and permits that Curtin may require
you to produce on request during the term of this Licence
Events, Markets and Vegan Nights- City Twilight Market Vendor Guidelines
Welcome Thanks so very much for being involved with the Vegan Nights- City Twilight Market! We’re so happy to have you on board and look forward to having a very busy and fun market. To ensure we have as close to flawless market as possible we have constructed a guide for you to go over and make sure you understand what is required from you, and you have everything you need on the day. First off whether you’re selling food, drinks, craft, fashion, skincare, some kind of service, etc., etc., etc. whatever you sell, provide, give away, whatever MUST be vegan. Therefore no leather, gelatin, honey, dairy, wool, feathers etc., no offering honey as an option in drinks, no offering "normal" milk as an option. No animal products whatsoever.
Letting People Know about the Vegan Night. Media and marketing is an important aspect to this event as we look to attract many vegans and non-vegans to come through the doors and see all the amazing things on offer. Aus Street Food will conduct media and marketing for this event a through a variety of press, cross promotion and social media channels. With the event being at such a significant location and size, the rollout will be more significant and widespread. Promotion methods undertaken include -
● through our own social media channels, particularly Instagram and Facebook. We will do regular posts about the markets including introducing vendors attending the markets and their products, specials that will be on at the markets, shots of the venue and the space, accessibility, etc.
● Street and shop advertising including extensive postering and flyering in high traffic, Relevant locations.
● spreading the word through local publications
● we believe that branding and graphic design are a very important part of conveying the image and the message of the markets. We want to convey to vendors and attendees A like that we will be hosting a fun and classy markets which people will want to attend, Therefore we are putting a great amount of attention to detail into the artwork and over a look of the markets. We are rolling out a strong media campaign (media release, social media and street canvassing) for the Vegan Nights Market providing you vend at the market, your help in spreading the word and letting everyone know about the event is crucial. Posting about the event through your social media channels really helps spread the word, entices your followers to come and try your products
and add to the great vibe of the day. Making social media posts about the event, once with a picture of the awesome food/craft/textiles you’ll be selling on the day and a post of the event poster with events details will assist in getting the crowd engaged in your products and the event. We will email you through the event poster sized for Instagram and Facebook posts.
Your Space Allocation We have spaces allocated for businesses to be vending from either a 3m x 3m gazebo stall or a food truck. These spaces will be allocated to you depending on which you have selected in your application. If you wish to have a different setup i.e. a van, trailer or other type arrangement please contact us with your space requirements. If you simply turn up on the day with a structure larger than your allocated space you will either be charged extra or you may be turned away from vending. Marquees If you would like to use a gazebo please make sure you are aware of the City of Perth requirements for safety and structure of putting up and maintaining a gazebo at an outdoor event Power If you would like to have a powered stall space, you MUST check yes that you want power on your application form. We will plan out the floor plan based on who elects to have power and if you don't elect to have power then you won't be in a spot that can access power. We'll send you out a form to provide all your power requirements prior to the event. We will have a certified electrician on site prior to the event. You are responsible for having your equipment tested and tagged prior to the event. While electricians will be available for testing and tagging needs and ensure to get it done as quickly as possible, we cannot promise that they will be able to test and tag all your equipment prior to the doors opening. Costs for testing and tagging will be announced closer to the event. Cleanliness + Housekeeping All vendors are to clean up after themselves and operate in a tidy manner. As much as possible, rubbish and food waste including oil is to be taken from the site by vendors and disposed of thoughtfully as to prevent external littering and excess cleanup.
Public Liability Insurance
To vend an Aus Street Food event/market you are required to have public liability insurance. Please ensure you have the standard public liability insurance to cover you for operating your business at events. Please submit proof of this to us when possible, as this must be done before the event to be able to operate.
Our Vegan Nights events Are now Cashless from 2020. Please see CASHLESS EVENTS in this document for more information.
Food + Drink Vendors Street food trader
If you are serving food at our event, you must register with the City of Perth Council and you will need to notify the City of Perth that you will be vending at our event.
Sales of bottled water and soft drink As the use of plastic water bottles is an ongoing concern for landfill, sales of water in plastic bottles at the Vegan Nights Market is not allowed. We will be communicating this with all attendees and providing a water station for drinking water
As part of the Yagan Square, Curtin Uni and any other sites Aus Street Food manages have Guidelines, all food vendors using equipment that could mark, stain, damage or make the floor slippery must put down a non-porous protective flooring covering their space.
Bump In Bump in will be staggered and based on where your stall is set up. You will be advised of your allotted bump in time in due course.
Bump out times will be listed with the bump in times. .
Due to OH&S requirements, you will need to wait until all attendees have exited the venue after close to bump out, even if you have sold out of products.
Default / Not Attending We understand that things happen and you may not be able to attend the event any more. Full payment for your stall and associated fees secures your spot at the market and therefore we have reserved your spot in the limited spaces held at the market. If you must pull out of the market please contact us soon as possible as refunds are based on time out from the markets. The refund structure is tiered as follows:
● Longer than a month out from the market dates a refund can be issued minus a $100 Admin fee.
● Within one month to three weeks of the markets we can issue a refund that is 75% of the initial amount invoiced amount, then minus a $100 admin fee.
● within one three to two weeks of the markets we can issue a refund that is 50% of the Initial amount invoiced amount, minus $100 admin fee.
● within 2 weeks of the markets we cannot issue a refund.
If you have any questions about the event, would like to do something special/ different please have a chat to us! We want you, along with the market goers to have a great experience and we’ll do our best to make this happen.
1. DO I NEED TO SUPPLY MY OWN GAZEBO?
Yes, you need to provide your own complete set up for your stall including gazebo
2. DO YOU PROVIDE A TABLES AND CHAIRS FOR STALLHOLDERS?
No, Aus Street Food does not provide tables or chairs for your stall. You will need to provide your own complete set up for your stall including tables and chairs.
3. IS THERE POWER AVAILABLE?
We do not offer powered stalls due to poor availability/access to power on site. If you require power in order to attend please include this information as part of your application. We have a limited availability to offer power in certain locations and do not wish to run into issues on market day with accepting stallholders who require power that we are then not able to accommodate. Please be aware that if you need power provided by Aus Street Food in order to run your stall you are less likely to be accepted to our events due to this issue.
5. CAN I PEG MY GAZEBO INTO THE GRASS?
Under no circumstances can items be pegged/stuck into the grass. This is a very strict requirement by most local councils in W.A and is part of our conditions in making use of the site. Your gazebo must be weighted with appropriate weights (proper weights that are strapped to your gazebo); items such as bricks placed on the base of your gazebo are not acceptable. This is a safety issue and should market staff find you non- compliant on market day you will be asked to take down your stall and leave our event. If you need advice on where to purchase appropriate gazebo weights please contact us.
AS A STALL HOLDER I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
• I have read and agree to abide by the Aus Street Food Terms and Conditions.
• I have a current certificate of currency from my council, including a local council trading permit which this market/event is taking place in, up to date public/product liability insurance, electrical cables up to date test and tagged, food handling
certificate for all staff members and any other certificates to meet local laws. I will provide a copy of all these documents when submitting my application.
• I give permission for Aus Street Food to display my information on their website and social media sites.
• I am responsible for supplying my own equipment, tables, gazebo’s etc.
• Aus Street Food their directors, employees or any other person will not be under any circumstances be liable for any loss of income or damage by any stallholder as a result of nay stallholder participating in the market/event in any way and for any loss of life or personal injury to any person and /or damage to any property arising from any accident, occurrence or event at the market/event
I have read and agree to comply with the above conditions
By applying and paying to participate in our events you are bound by all the terms and conditions above.